View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
Thanks for all the discussion on this - a MIM Strat might be a really good route for me to take.

Any thoughts on the usefulness of headphone amps? So much of a guitar player's sound comes from choice of amp that I am concerned that without the ability to turn up an amp to decent volume, I'm going to be limited. Ideally I'd like to be able to just jack in to something and plug it into headphones in order to play.

Ultimately I will want to try my hand at recording to my PC and editing/producing music, but thats a long way off. In my dream world, I see myself picking up a new instrument every couple of years to the point where I can record albums in a home studio; I don't have much interest in playing live (I'm way too old to be joining a band!)
If a headphone amp keeps you playing, you should strongly consider one. You can sort out what type of standard amp you need as a separate issue. For what it is worth, I simply play my solidbodies unplugged all the time - did last night watching the Daily Show...works for me.