View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanset View Post
I honestly believe that the PS4 was prioritised to the point that the PC version was very much neglected. Why they didn't delay the launch further is a good question, probably as they anticipated middling reviews for the PS4 version and so didn't want to harm sales.
Right. Same with movies. When you know you have a bad product, or at least one that won't meet expectations, your goal is to hype it up so much that people will unthinkingly consume it before they wait a moment to see if it's any good.

That's why I don't understand the preorder mentality. If a game is good, great, you can still get it after reading some reviews and not lose anything, but if a game is bad then you're playing into their exact gambit of trying to make you buy their product before you can find out its bad. Why anyone volunteers to buy into that gambit I honesty have no idea. It's not like you have to wait long - you waited months or years for the game, but you can't wait a few hours to see if the game is a disappointment before committing your money to it?

Reviews are up soon (they should be up before release except when game companies embargo them, which should be a huge fucking red flag to everyone but rarely is), people will have twitch streams, there are user reviews, there's word of mouth - it's so easy and so quick to get information about the worth of the game, and yet people voluntarily rush to make sure they get their money in blind. And for no benefit. And it allows companies to keep releasing bad games and bad movies because no one ever learns and just keeps blindly committing their money in an all risk no reward poor impulse decision.