View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 11:57 AM

I bought the game (for PC) off of Steam late Monday night, after watching some you-tuber (Markiplier) play it (on his PS4).

For me, the game ran a little choppy with default video settings (Windows 10, 8gb RAM, GTX970 video card). I turned shadows and antialiasing off, and restarted the game. (Really? Having to restart the game for video changes? Le sigh.) It ran fine for about 2 1/2 hours, then the entire game suddenly lagged down (permanently) to 1/3 speed. Restarting the game fixed the lag problem. Experienced one crash to desktop after that. The PC version feels slightly rushed out the door.

Otherwise, I am enjoying poking around on my starting planet, exploring stuff.

I am optimistic, and hoping that new biomes (and other stuff) will continue to be added to the world generator, new recipes to craft (like building my own mining corp w/ trade port, making me money!), too.

One of the things I like about some games on Steam (like Civ V, Skyrim or XCOM2) is the Steam Workshop, where user generated mods can be found and tried out. IMO, this is a big help in keeping these game interesting. No Man's Sky sounds like it aught to benefit from something like this, but I don't know if it's possible to do...

Last edited by mlees; 08-16-2016 at 11:58 AM.