Thread: Overwatch
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby_Cat View Post
I mean, if you're having fun in QP sure, but my advice would be to learn the maps and team mechanics with someone simpler, and then when you play genji you don't have all that stuff to ALSO learn at the same time.

If you're a big FPS person and have played MMORPGs, you'll probably get the mechanical aspects of the game pretty quick, so just learn the maps and then expand your horizons.

That's how I see it anyway, but if you're having fun diving into the deep end off the bat, go do that instead
I took your advice and started with other "simpler" characters first. I had a blast to tell you the truth. I have a lot of exp. with FPS and MMORPG's so i caught on to the game mechanics fairly fast. I ended up tanking most of the night, because everyone wanted to be fucking Bastion.

I ended up finding a party of folks that had mics. They taught me what they thought I needed to know and we played. At first I disliked Roadhog because of his appearance, but quickly changed my mind after using him. I think that it is amazing how different all the characters are and I have a lot to learn still, but having a blast.

I never seem to be on a balanced team, so I am sort of forced to fill in spots. Then all through the game, people are changing their roles and I have to switch again to fill a different gap. I hope that goes away when I eventually make it into competitive.

So no Genji yet. I have to learn the maps first! I am enjoying the game though!