View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
12/31/19, according to Amazon.The trailer in Post 54 features one bit of PvP at the beginning.
It's a typo. Todd was pretty clear it would be November of this year, and a quick Google search confirms it.

Quote:
Fallout 76 comes out this November. Back in 2015, Bethesda showed Fallout 4 for the first time at E3, promising that gamers would be playing it later that year. They were. Now, the company is doing it again -- Fallout 76 will launch on November 14th, 2018.18 hours ago
There was a full interview with Todd on Youtube yesterday I was listening too. I won't post the link here, but it seems like this will be a more PVP oriented game than I'd like. He said you can play it 'solo' or opt out of the PVP...sort of. He also said that modding would definitely be limited and not available at launch, and sounds like they will be monetized in some way (and probably only approved ones). There will be no NPCs in the game, but there will be terminals and computers that you can get quests from (I guess that means no NPC guards for your base, though I know they have automated turrets and the like). There will be a quest line, though how that will play out is still a question. And there will be those nuclear missile sites scattered throughout the map that sounds like a griefers wet dream come true. Gather the codes and you can literally nuke any site on the map (wonder if this will permanently change the environment in the nuked area, or how repeated nuking will degrade an area).

I'm a bit disappointed, especially after digesting things since the initial conference which I was following live. I would kind of like a survival Fallout world that I can play with my friends and selected others. A game world with a bunch of griefers though, no NPCs and nuclear missile sites scattered about just to add spice doesn't sound too fun to me at this time. But details are still sketchy, so I'll have to see where this goes between now and November. I'm definitely not getting into the beta, but if anyone here is please add some thoughts and comments to this thread of what you think.

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!

Last edited by XT; 06-12-2018 at 08:42 AM.