View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
One thing I'd love to set up is some customizable alerts. For example:
-Any time a dupe has >150K germs (or maybe 250K)--so you can catch illnesses early.
-Whenever food has gone down 3 cycles in a row (or whatever number).
-Whenever oxygen has gone down 3 cycles in a row (the more frequent notices are useless)
-Whenever a consumable resource (algae, coal, etc.) drops beneath a given threshold.
-Whenever the water in a given pool exceeds a given temperature.

Also, I figure at some point there'll be sign-making. This would be really useful: I'd love to label rooms with my plans for them, and I'd also love to have mouseover labels for storage.

Is there anywhere that upcoming features are teased?
I looked for it but found nothing. Updates seem to come out every 1-2 months though.

I've been wanting to create a control room around the research stations where you could control nearly every part of the base using signal switches. Labeling would be useful for that.

You may want to start a thread on Steam and tell the devs about it. If they've been thinking about it or other people agree, it may influence them.

Sign-making seems like a pretty easy and useful to implement. You can already change the names of your Dupes, I've been giving mine creative names like "Research Farm Cook" and "Supply Build Dig" based on their stats and interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
Has anyone worked with a steam turbine yet? Is it possible to actively concentrate heat into a specific water supply then run the steam through a turbine in order to cool it AND create power?
I built a turbine on top of a geysers but my timing was bad and I'll have to wait 68 cycles more. If I remember correctly, you need a 3000g pressure differential between what's on top and beneath and turbine and the region beneath the turbine has to be about 220°Celsius. If you manage it, please show us how you did it as that would be pretty impressive.

Steam turbine might work well down near magma though.

Which reminds me, has anyone else been surprised by inundating oil when prospecting for it? I'd dug a deep, narrow shaft to get to the oil quickly and once I started digging in the ground near crude oil deposits, it suddenly came out and flooded the narrow shaft about the height of a biome.