View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:32 AM

Banked a critical win in our league last night - should be enough for safety but it is now out of our hands, although our competitors for the drop would need to blow out a far stronger side to overtake us. Pard and I got the job done - 48 imps from four vuln swings from bidding and making 3 thin games, plus one filthy third seat multi I rolled out to push the opps into a no-play 5D when 3N was cold.

This aggressive approach cost us once, to which I invite your scorn and derision - holding something like S Qx H QJT9xxx D xxx C J first seat fav vuln, I decided I didn't like 3H there so put it into the multi 2D. Overcall 3C on your left and then pard goes 3D. 3S from RHO. I misapprehended pard's bid here, and thought it was strong and interested in game, so rolled out a fatuous 4H call. Promptly doubled (by RHO) to go 3 off as pard is empty of hearts, and lucky to escape with that - LHO was void in diamonds, so it could have been completely stretchered if they had found the diamond switch.
I think 3D has to be to play, no interest in the majors, and I can only bid over it with a strong hand. In the event a quiet 3H opener would have elicited 3S from RHO to buy the contract, and prob doesn't even make.

Last edited by Busy Scissors; 03-22-2019 at 07:33 AM.