View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I dress the same now that I am 63 as I did when I was 23. Of course, I dressed like an old fuddy-duddy when I was 23, but still.
Yeah, this is kind of me, too (I'm 59 now).

It's important to me not to make a fool out of myself. And men my age who try to dress like dudes in their 20s or 30s do indeed look like fools.

Work is easy. I'm convinced that the universal uniform of the IT drone is khakis and a blue button-down shirt. So that's easy.

Funny, I was out to dinner with my sister (approximately the same age) a little while back. She has always been quick to offer me fashion advice (or criticism, depending on your point of view), going back to our high school days.

She pointed out that every single thing I was wearing could have been purchased, and worn, in the mid-70s. I think I was wearing a pair of Levi's, Clark's desert boots, a blue button-down shirt, and a tan corduroy sport coat. She was right.

And I am totally cool with that. Because those clothes are just fine, age-appropriate (and, in fact, kind of ageless), and can be worn anywhere, any time, without provoking comments.

Oh, and (edit) I wear the same size now I did in my freshman year of college.

Last edited by Saintly Loser; 04-09-2019 at 05:41 PM.