View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 11:44 AM

Clearly Chubb and Johnson are keepers, both have top 12 ADP and pretty clearly THE RB on their respective teams, so the question is Keenan Allen or Devonta Freeman. Last I checked, Keenan Allen is apparently back at practice, so his injury status shouldn't be a problem. And I think Devonta's Freeman's days as a bellcow are done (Ito Smith looked good this preseason and they've now used a 4th or 5th round draft pick on a RB in each of the last 3 years), so I'd be likely to go Keenan Allen, especially in a PPR. I think his upside is much better than Freeman's, although Freeman would likely have more trade/flex value if he does get the volume he did in the past.

If you think you can get your hands on a guy like Chris Carson, Damien Williams, Marlon Mack, Mark Ingram, Sony Michel, or other guys from that 3rd-4th tier of rb's, I'd definitely go with Allen. If RB's are at that much of a premium in your league and those kinds of guys are all already kept and you don't think you can get Josh Jacobs (or David Montgomery if you like him) in the draft, them maybe Freeman is the play. But in a PPR (Allen had 97 catches last year), I'd go with Allen.

My question: I have a chance to keep Zeke Elliott for a first round draft pick in a 8 team league. Should I? He's got incredible value as the uncontested, heavy volume RB, but things are not going well for his holdout. I don't doubt he'll return (he gains nothing if he holds out the whole season, because he won't get any closer to free agency), but he could, in theory, wait until after week 10 to do so. Which could be a killer in this league. I could keep him and draft Tony Pollard way higher than I would normally, but missing out on your first round draft pick for even a few weeks can be catastrophic. As they say, you can't win your draft in the first round, but you can lose it.

So do I do it? Keep Zeke?