View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroVertigo View Post
Drafting Pollard is a purely a short-term play for my team. If I believe that Elliott is going to continue being the All-Pro for Dallas that he is then Pollard is never more than a handcuff. Which if my team was a championship contender would be the obvious play. But cost a lot for a 1st round pick.

I saw Thompson as the most likely 2nd stringer RB left to make a significant impact with his team longterm. This became more likely after the Hyde trade and then less likely with the McCoy signing.

Either way, a Sproles type player in that Chiefs offence is a gamble I'm willing to take.
I've never owned Sproles, but by my recollection, he had one season (2011) as a potential starter and years as maybe a weak flex play for the rest of his career.

I dont see Thompson as ever being a starter, with a potential top end as a flex play I would never want to rely on. But you own Zeke, and Pollard is his clear backup and talented in his own right with full time starter potential. To me, Pollard has both more upside potential and backup value. Having the backup to a guy you already own is so much more important than having the backup (who maxes out as a part timer even if he starts). But, as always YMMV.