View Single Post
Old 09-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Walloon
TRADEMARKS ARE PROPER ADJECTIVES (AND THEREFORE CAPITALIZED) AND SHOULD BE FOLLOWED BY THE GENERIC TERMS THEY DESCRIBE.
You got a lot of Moxie to be jumping on this guy like he's a Trampoline. Did someone put Vaseline in your Cornflakes or Heroin in your Granola? Don't act like you got your Zipper caught in an Escalator. Take some Aspirin, slap on a Band-Aid and cry into a Kleenex, you Pablum puking Yo-Yo. Otherwise, I'll Mace you, beat you with a Phillips Screw driver, wrap you in Cellophane and Scotch Tape, dunk you in Kerosene, toss you into a Sytrofoam container with Dry Ice in the back on my Jeep and leave you in a Dumpster with some Sheetrock. Then we'll read about how you were turned into a Popsicle in some Tabloid.

No actual hositility is intended, I've just always wanted to do that.

Back on topic, Hawaii Five-O is a gold mine for dated material. I always enjoyed the scene where one of McGarrett's underlings was tailing a bad guy. When asked for an update he replied, in all seriousness: "He was last seen with three chicks. They were both very foxy." There was no charming pimp-like inflection to his voice. It was stated as if this was legitimate technical law-enforcement terminology that would stand the test of time.