View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I hate, hate, hate to be a "cite please?" person, but where did you hear this?
Read this:
Quote:
Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.
https://www.ft.com/content/839be6dc-...3-9a26f8c3cba4

Yet the most arresting documents may be a series of messages last year between Mr Parnas and Robert F Hyde, a Republican Congressional candidate in Connecticut and Trump supporter. They suggest the two kept Marie Yovanovitch, a US ambassador they believed was hostile to Mr Giuliani’s mission in Ukraine, under surveillance.

“Wow. Can’t believe Trumo [sic] hasn’t fired this bitch. I’ll get right in that,” Mr Hyde wrote on March 23, 2019.

About three hours later he sent Mr Parnas an update on Ms Yovanovitch’s whereabouts: “She under heavy protection outside Kiev.”

Two days later, Mr Hyde wrote to Mr Parnas: “They are moving her tomorrow . . . The guys over they [sic] asked me what I would like to do and what is in it for them.”

Then, after he appeared to urge Mr Parnas to wake up, My Hyde added: “She’s talked to three people. Her phone is off. Her computer is off . . . She’s next to the embassy . . . Not in the embassy.”

Later that day, Mr Hyde wrote: “They are willing to help if we/you would like a price . . . Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money . . . what I was told.”

“Lol,” Mr Parnas replied.
It's pretty amazing to read. Also being an incurable optimist, I suspect that Dr. Jekyll's alter-ego was just playing at being a mob boss because he's a rich idiot and got caught up in using innuendo, rather than actually making a serious attempt at assassination.