View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 10:00 PM

Raptors played a great double header, first against Washington two games ago when they set a franchise record with 140 points in regulation, as Gasol - who appears to have not lost his stride, at all, from injury - matched a personal best six made three's, while youngster Terence Davis II matched his career best with 23 points. Meanwhile Powell continues to dazzle with his mix of downtowners and slightly-more-ninja-than-usual dunks Nice little shot of dopamine each time I see one of those - can't get enough of'em.

Gasol has been like a taller Lowry (ok maybe not in looks, perhaps) in terms of motivating - no - commandeering - the team to play at their highest level, to be sure, encouraging extra passing, providing defense that made him 2013 D.P.Y., along with many intangibles.

Heh - kinda sad seeing Boucher sitting on the bench, looking a little glum. (Well, until with about four minutes left against the Wizards - I guess Nurse was still smarting from losing too many late leads.) (with Boucher even sadder when Freddie gets back!)

Speaking of Van Vleet's return, tonight he came back in the Raptors' 122-112 win, and put in a 29-point performance (and career-high seven three's!), against the T-Wolves, who came out high-flying in the first quarter (too lazy to find out their shooting % but it was amazing, even with close contesting). I was thinking, great, the Raptors will have their hands full, here, but with the Raps being lead by Freddie (And Gasol again) Minnesota wasn't able to keep up that torrid pace, as TO clamped down with better defense for the remaining three quarters.

Without Kawhi, they're two points off their pace from last season.

Last edited by Guest-starring: Id!; 01-18-2020 at 10:05 PM.