View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 02:08 AM

I think that, same as many primary schools warn parents of incomings that their kids may need special education at some point (regardless of the actual kid; and both because a lot of kids do need some sort of help at some point and because the sooner you get parents who've never thought about it to think about it, the better), many facilities which serve both as short-term clinics and as long-term homes do provide the information on their long-term services routinely.

When my mother was in the hospital and later in such a facility, at different points the nurses and the social service worker checked with my brothers and me on what kind of arrangements were available once she got out: part of the reason she was moved from the hospital to the clinic was because at that point the home situation would have been a worse option, she was released fully (with home nurse visits) once she was well enough for her domestic arrangements to work. Having a walk-in shower was a plus; that it's small was a minus. Having neighbors who she can call and two sons who live nearby were pluses; a tendency to leave her emergency button anywhere was a minus. And so forth.

In your case, you've already thought about what is it you need and you already have a house that's prepared for someone partially disabled; for many other people, that information is a life-saver.

Last edited by Nava; 05-15-2019 at 02:12 AM.