View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Moving Vehicle View Post
IQ1: Correct.
IQ2: Seymour “Si” Hersch.
IQ3: Correct.

DQ1: Journalist?

IQ1: Were you an Anglo-Dutch actress, who suffered privation and hunger as a child in post-war Holland, leading you to become a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, advocating for children and refugees?

IQ2: Were you an American actress known for your tart tongue, no-nonsense attitude, and unwillingness to conform to gender norms (like preferring pants to skirts and dresses)?

IQ3: Were you first the kidnapper, then lover of Mary Queen of Scots, nicknamed the “Wizard Earl of Bothwell”?
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
IQ1: Take a DQ.
IQ2: I am not Jean Harlow?
IQ3: Take a DQ.
1: Audrey Hepburn. She won a Presidential Medal of Freedom for her advocacy work.
2: Katharine Hepburn. Beginning to see a theme?
3: James Hepburn, fourth Earl of Bothwell, and a distant ancestor of Katharine. A Hepburn trifecta! I won't take a DQ for this, though, because I conflated him and his nephew, Francis Stewart, fifth Earl of Bothwell, who was accused of plotting with Satan, earning him the nickname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
I'd already asked about Harry Hopkins (post 253).
Yeah, I saw your answer after I posted my IQs. Didn't realize Hopkins was the answer to your question.

DQ1: Known for a crime?
DQ2: Known for a physical or athletic feat?

IQ1: Did you ask the question, "Why can't the English teach their children how to speak?" in song?
IQ2: Were you the actor who played IQ1?
IQ3: Did your lover swim the Hellespont between Europe and Asia, to come to you?

Last edited by Slow Moving Vehicle; 08-31-2019 at 09:20 PM.