View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 03:23 PM
The Stafford Cripps is offline
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,304
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
One thing I've noted on scripted and unscripted British TV shows is that the English have adapted the American word "Guys" while almost completely abandoning the classical English equivalents like "chaps" or "blokes". It's interesting.
'Guy' has been used in Scotland since the 1930s. I think it's been used in England for at least 50 years.