View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeid View Post
A quibble.

Multiple copies exist for at least some gems. Which we already knew given the Kindergarten. Pearls inclusive. We do not know whether or not there are multiple Rose Quartz gems or multiple Yellow Diamonds ...

Ruby is small but then Amethyst is clearly a not large warrior.

A little apparent contradiction in the show ... it sure seems like Amethyst has physically grown from the flashbacks to now but at Kindergarten she fit into the "me-shaped" hole.

Also confirmed this ep is that ep's theme repeated. Disagreeing that only Steven gets to be a unique individual, unlike the other gems. The subversiveness of Earth and its impact on Rose was that who they each are are as gems is not ordained by their gem type. Amethyst was created as a "mistake" and grew to become something much more. Pearl has become more than a low caste pretty status symbol but both a skilled fighter and a skilled technician. Steven's impact more than anything is to catalyze that ability to change, to grow in ways not part of original "programming."

In that vein multiples of the same gems I wonder if the disaster that was Steven and the Stevens is a bit telling. The Rose quartz gem is I suspect unique.
Regarding Amethyst's size- there's nothing to indicate that size can't be changed during regeneration. Amethyst could easily have been created at one size under Homeworld's plan. Then when her behavior gets her poofed, maybe at some point after she learned about humans, she could easily choose to regenerate in a smaller form. This could be conscious, to try to be more like humans, or subconscious, showing her lack of confidence in herself. Then as she gained more confidence, probably at some point when Steven is at most a toddler, Amethyst steps up and moves into her "grown up size" after getting poofed. This is a theory only, and it's probably totally wrong.