View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 10:29 PM
nelliebly is online now
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,786
See if there's a psych facility in your area that has a geriatric psychiatrist on staff. A geriatric psychiatrist could address both the combativeness and the medication issues. She probably does need to be medicated, and a geriatric psychiatrist would be best equipped to figure out what meds she needs and how to get them into her. Once she's on meds for a week or two, she may become more tractable, which may make her more inclined to take and swallow meds. She could then be transferred to a regular nursing home with a memory care unit.