View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
I know it's a local law (and I honestly thought it was true at the federal level, too) that a business is not allowed to ask the nature of the disability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
However they are allowed to ask what service the animal is trained to provide
You are correct but incomplete:
Quote:
The Justice Department permits two questions to be asked of a person that arrives at your place of business with a service animal:

Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?
What task has the dog been trained to perform?

That is it! No other questions are permitted. Questions like “do you have a disability?” or “do you have proof that your dog is a service animal?” are both inconsiderate and illegal.
Nevada has a law about misrepresenting an animal as a service animal, too:
Quote:
NRS 426.805 Fraudulent misrepresentation of animal as service animal or service animal in training unlawful; penalty.

1. It is unlawful for a person to fraudulently misrepresent an animal as a service animal or service animal in training.

2. A person convicted of fraudulently misrepresenting an animal as a service animal or service animal in training is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not more than $500.

Frankly, I think it should be part of the deal that a person has to be able to provide proof that an animal is a service animal. I can't see that being a burdensome regulation, but I'd be willing to be hear how I might be wrong about that.

Otherwise, like SteveG1 and Springtime For Spacers, I want a humongous and/or deadly service animal. Or maybe just Service Hornets or something.