View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 03:41 PM

Kick a poo Creek Rock Festival May 3rd week end 1970

Kick a Poo was on a farm jusat outside of Hayworth, Il. I was there......it was not held in Wisconsin. BB King, Jimi Hendrix, The Allman Brothers, and so many others I can't name played. There was a haze of smoke from all the weed being smoked and it rained for 2 out of the 3 days, so everyone was slopping around in the mud. They had even made a mudslided going dowen a hill into the creek where people were playing and swimming completely naked. Everyone shared whatever they had with complete strangers (food, water and dope fo every kind), and I remember sleeping on huge pieces of cardboard in a station wagon with people we just met, listening to BB King play at 3:30 am in the pouring rain.

This festival was not as big as Woodstock, but shoiuld be remembered more so, because it was held the week after the Kent State Campus killings, and we all protested about the use of guns. There was also a "huge" attendance by various motorcycle groups and there was absolutely no fighting. It truely was a Hippie Fest which promoted ALL of the things we believed in back in the "good ole days"! Peace, Make Love Not War, Joints as big as cigars, Sharing, Helping, and Caring about perfect strangers, all brought together for the same reason. I am proud to have been a part of it, and "extremely lucky" to have lived in the era during my 20-30"s. 1968 though 1985 had to be the BEST !!!!!! Wish the kids now could have experienced the things we did, instead of what they have to go through. People think the 50's were good............the late 60's blew them away !!!