View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:25 PM

Do Joe Biden's Recent Comments On Gun Control Bother You?

From this article, in which there is a GQ thread, I found some language from Joe Biden that is somewhat disturbing.

Here's the linked article, which shows Obama shooting a shotgun apparently skeet shooting, and what Biden says:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...gun/?hpt=hp_t2

Now, the part that bothers me, as a semi-conservative owner of a single handgun is this weaselly language: Vice President Joe Biden led Obama's gun violence task force convened after the December 14 shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

He acknowledged to reporters after a Thursday meeting with Democrats on Capitol Hill that "Nothing we are going to do is fundamentally going to alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down." Obama had made similar comments earlier in the month.

It bothers me because it is essentially an admission (while having the President pose for a "see, I can shoot guns, ya'll" photo-op) that it will not do DICK to reduce gun violence, because THEY and WE know that the vast majority of thos homicides is by handgun. NOT some self-stylized military rifle....and NOR does the AR-15 afford any extra opportunity to kill MORE people than with a semi auto handgun....its just not true.

Nor will it ever be. Banning AR-15's due to their recent and highly publicized involvement in some heinous spree crimes doesn't change the facts about what type of guns are actually used in the vast majority of gun related homicides. Reducing a magazine size seems fruitless in the wake of handguns.

I own a handgun and just might give it up to the government....if their stance made sense.

This smacks of a "we gotta do something" ball-busting issue but is not properly investigated by people that actually know something about weapons....of which the likes of Feinstein cannot include themselves, nor can Obama, despite his photo-op.