View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
But I think that's exactly the point. If it's a factual statement, then the logical question to ask is: why are you proposing this legislation then?

Can we see the quote where he said that? Because we wouldn't want to be "reading more into" something someone said, would we?
Wallace asked LaPierre for his thoughts on a photo of Obama shooting a gun, released by the White House this weekend.

"I think of the same thing I did during the campaign when he said to people, 'I'm not going to take your rifle, shotgun and handgun.' They leafleted the country with flyers like this: 'Obama is not going to take your gun'; 'Obama will protect gun rights.' And now he's trying to take away all three," LaPierre said.

He predicted a universal gun registry is next -- a measure that, as Wallace reminded him, has not been proposed.

"Forgive me, sir, but you take something that is here and you say it's going to go all the way over there," Wallace said. "There's no indication -- I mean, I can understand your saying that's the threat, but there's nothing that anyone in the administration has said that indicates they're going to have a universal registry."

LaPierre said he doesn't find that convincing.

"And Obamacare wasn't a tax until they needed it to be a tax," he said. "I don't think you can trust these people."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000003

Last edited by Ca3799; 02-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.