View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
A good effort my friend. But let's not get silly here.

The sniper who was shot was clearly well trained with weapons. But this was just as clearly not enough. We have to ask ourselves "why?". Well, when shooting at a range, there is a time when you have expended all the ammunition in your particular weapon, be that 5, 10 or 30 shots. It is at this time you are most vulnerable. And the folks who know your vulnerability best are your fellow shooters who are (you know they are!) counting your shots. How many does he have left before he's out?

The solution is clear. All gun ranges should have trained armed guards, standing well behind the customers. They will never be out of ammo. They can keep a sharp eye on the folks to the left and to the right of you, and make sure that they do not get out of line and kill you. Any move by them to swing a weapon your way and fire? BLAM! Down they go.

More guns. Armed guards. Really, the solutions is so simple, I don't see why it are not implemented immediately.

This is entirely sensible. While it is sad this man died, I think all future school, theater, grocery store and random restaurant shooters should commit their future crimes at the gun range. It would be much more challenging and keep all the gun afficianodos all together in one place making the rest of us safer!