View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver lining View Post
With Blade Runner 2049 coming out in early October, I thought I could start a thread about the original movie, a scientific masterpiece that scared the heck out of me as a boy and impressed the heck out of me as a young adult.

The first question is was Richard Decker, played by Harrison Ford a human or a replicant? To me clearly, he was a human.
Harrison Ford's character was Rick Deckard, not "Richard Decker." I had to point that out. Something was wrong on the internet. . .

The subject of Deckard being human or replicant has come up many times here. Ridley Scott remained silent until about ten years back, when he declared him a replicant. I hold that it's proof of his mental decline, further cemented by, "Prometheus." Ford has always maintained that Deckard was human, and that nothing was ever said about it otherwise during filming. He doesn't seem to like the replicant theory.

Turning Deckard into a replicant changes an interesting movie challenging our perceptions of what it is to be human, into a cheap M. Night Shyamalan twist. They'll make him whatever they want in the new movie, and wank it to make it so. Easy to say he's a 'special model'.

Last edited by Face Intentionally Left Blank; 09-30-2017 at 01:02 AM.