View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack-a-Mole View Post
Since "transwomen" are a relatively new thing in sports I would suggest they be banned from sports till it is shown otherwise that they have no inherent advantages.
I'm trying to parse this logic - "This discriminated-against minority has yet to establish itself as a problem in any respects (other than a bunch of shrill bigots shouting about it). We should discriminate against them before there's any chance they could cause a problem." This is the kind of logic I expect out of the Super Smash Bros community deciding to ban a stage people don't like, and it's as ridiculous there as it is here, despite the relatively lower stakes. You could replace "transwomen" with "black men" in that sentence and you'd have to logic racists used a century ago to keep African-Americans out of sports.

Why not wait until there actually is a problem, then address that problem?

Quote:
I am as liberal as they come and I am not seeing a problem here. By your own account we are talking about a very small percentage of the population, of whom an even vastly smaller percentage would be into professional/Olympic class sports, are denied access to the very highest levels of competition (a super, super small percentage).

Given that it is hard to be fussed that one or two in seven billion people *might be* unfairly blocked but I find it hard to get all up in arms about it.
Yeah! Because if you're only a half a percent of the population, who cares if you get discriminated against!

Last edited by Budget Player Cadet; 05-12-2019 at 03:44 AM.