View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 03:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
I should say, though, now I want to try some grilled with cranberry and see if I like it any more served that way. For us, it was usually part of a meat and cheese plate to nosh on while you’re drinking adult beverages (we’d have oscypek, kabanos, perhaps some other kind of sausage, picked stuff, and open faced sandwiches at all our family and friends parties growing up. Nobody ever drank without a spread of some sort at the table to help soak up some of the booze.)
Besides the large cylinders, oscypek is sold in little ingots, about the size of a silver dollar, except oblong, about a half-inch thick that are perfect for the grilling treatment that I mentioned.

At every Polish street festival, concert, outdoor market, or other similar gathering, and also on the streets in the cold winter months, there are little carts (something like a NYC hot-dog cart) with small grills selling it with the cranberry puree as a hot snack, usually something like 5 or 6 Zloty ($1.50) for 3 pieces, which in Poland is actually fairly expensive for what it is, but it is apparently a popular item nonetheless.

(It might also be wrapped with bacon, now that I think about it)