View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas View Post
It was only a little while back that I realized how little instrumentation they use. Most of the time, it's just one guitar or the drums or keyboards. Rarely more than one musical instrument.
Emphasis mine. Although they used (acoustic) pianos, obviously, many of their early album covers boasted "No synths!" to highlight the fact that most of the music came from Brian May's guitars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciurophobic View Post
I wouldn't say realize, as I wouldn't have been able to notice it until now.

In the episode of Gilligan's Island where they eat the radioactive vegetables the Professor is reading to the castaways from what is supposed to be a book on vegetables. Obviously on a 1960's TV you can barely see the book. Today of course you can. It's Army Manual TM 9-729 for light tanks. I know at the time it would have been impossible for anyone to notice, but they couldn't even be bothered to create a book cover with "Vegetables" on it?
I think I've mentioned this before, but a few decades ago I worked at the National Air and Space Museum and we were able to screen a few episodes of the original Star Trek series on 35mm prints lent to us by Paramount. Seeing them fill a significant portion of the IMAX screen made the presence of stunt doubles in the fight scenes painfully obvious. I haven't watched the same episodes in HD or 4K, but I imagine it's pretty obvious on a good TV these days, too.