View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
I don't like Trump either. We can have a Trump hating contest if you like but the notion that he has committed treason is silly partisan rhetoric.
Treason != Tyranny. Stop moving goalposts.
Quote:

And you think that when the baby boomers mostly die over the next 20 years, we will have 2/3rds of the house, 2/3rds of the senate and 2/3rds of the state legislatures ready to repeal the 2nd amendment? That seems like wishful thinking.
Optimistic, maybe. But the trends are there, people want better gun control,and that number is increasing steadily, and I suspect will be increasing even faster as those who were told that all we could offer to protect them in their classes was our thought and our prayers start making their voices heard at the ballot boxes.
Quote:

What does bigotry have to do with the 2nd amendment?
You don't have to be a bigot to support the second amendment, but if you are a bigot, then you are one of it's more fervent.
Quote:
In your mind is the 2nd amendment synonymous with bigotry?
No. In your mind is a connection synonymous with a synonym?
Quote:
Generally speaking, gun control has greater ties with racism than gun rights.
Yeah, racists want to have guns while preventing minorities from doing the same.
Quote:

Active shooter drills is what's going to push the Overton window from "no chance in hell" to "inevitable"? Really?
It's certainly going to point it in that direction. Do you have kids in school? Do they like being told that they need to pretend to be hiding from someone that has come to kill them?

Fire and tornado drills, those are acts of "god" and are things that there are actually steps that can be taken to dramatically increase your chances of escaping injury. That's not the same with school shooters. Make enough kids go through that, and they will grow up to resent you for not doing anything about it, and they will do it themselves so that they don't have to put their kids through it.
Quote:
I think you are going to have to get comfortable with our constitutional rights staying about where they are right now.
ah yes, the famous gun nut "neener, neener" defense.