View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneadToKnow View Post
Never pay to eat hot dogs someplace that does not have (a) an outfield or (b) at least 6 motorcycles in the parking lot.
I really hate hot dogs, unless they're from a Coney Island. Then you know it's not just lips and assholes, but [i]also[i] cow hearts. I'm saying that unironically. I'll let interested readers Google that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuck20 View Post
I was traveling through Mexico years ago and was in the mood for a hamburger. Saw a market stall that had it on the menu, and I decided to order one.

It was literally a piece of ham with some breading on it served between two buns.
That's, uh, unusual. In fact, ham is kind of unusual in Mexico. The only place I can remember having it is a restaurant in Valenciana, Guanajuato.

On the other hand, many years ago, there was a restaurant in Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico that was named "Hamburguesas sin Microbios" (hamburgers without microbes) that made pretty damned good hamburgers. I didn't get sick, so I guess their name was accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
Yeah, I see this a lot in Yelp reviews, and it drives me a little nuts. The main one that comes to mind is some reviewer bitching about an excellent pizza restaurant as not making "real pizza" or some such nonsense because there was hardly any sauce on it, and the sauce tasted like plain tomato sauce, and that it was too light on the cheese.
I'm always conscientious when I review pizza places on Yelp, because not every place serves perfect, Detroit-style pizza. Therefore I always point out, I'm not a fan of this style of pizza, and it's awesome anyway (Chicago, but not Chicago-style), or I'm not a fan of this pizza, and it sucks (Chicago style), or I'm not of fan of this pizza, and I don't see the big deal (NYC), or I'm not a fan of this style but it was freaking awesome (local brick oven place), and try to detail the experience will have aside from the pizza.

The Chicago style at Pizza Uno sucks, plain and simple. It was a fantastic restaurant, though, and as long as you order something besides Chicago style, you'll have a great time.