View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruCelt View Post
Angel and the Bad Man - the John Wayne movie that only I seem to have watched. I generally don't like cowboy flicks, but this is one of my all time favorites.
I've also seen it and I really like it. When I was deciding on a userid I was contemplating Qwerty Evans as an homage to this movie (John Wayne's character is named Quirt Evans.) Harry Carey is an absolute gem here and I have been known to bust out some of his lines from time to time. No one ever has any idea what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isosleepy View Post
Bubba Ho-Tep. Elvis and JFK fight a soul-sucking mummy in an old age home. Except itís not what you think. And what youíre thinking now, itís not that, either. Itís immensely entertaining, and way better than it has any right to be.
Agreed.

My contribution is a Kenneth Branagh movie from 1995, A Midwinter's Tale. I believe it's called In the Bleak Midwinter in England. A group of actors puts on a production of Hamlet in an old church just before Christmas. I think this was the most I have ever laughed in a theater.