View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Dee View Post
The "trilogy" by Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson, which is science fiction with a dash of horror:

Resolution (2012)
A man imprisons his estranged junkie friend in an isolated cabin in the boonies of San Diego to force him through a week of sobriety, but the events of that week are being mysteriously manipulated.

Spring (2014)
A young man in a personal tailspin flees from US to Italy, where he sparks up a romance with a woman harboring a dark, primordial secret.

The Endless (2017)
As kids, they escaped a UFO death cult. Now, two adult brothers seek answers after an old videotape surfaces and brings them back to where they began.

I'm not entirely sure Spring is related to the other two -- it's been years since I saw it -- but I consider these three movies to comprise a trilogy. Resolution and The Endless are so connected that I believe there is actual footage from Resolution in The Endless. (It's possible they re-shot the "re-used" scenes from scratch.) Ironically, Resolution is "resolved" in The Endless, and not the other way around.

Spring is my favorite of the three, and as stated it's fully stand-alone. I wouldn't recommend watching The Endless before Resolution because of the deep connection and callbacks between the two.
I've seen all three and would agree that Spring, which stands alone, is the best one.