View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
What, like the cite below that directs to articles in the NY Times that contain the word "caravan"? Where's the smoking gun? Why didn't you cite a specific article that offers proof the caravaners are criminals bent on destroying America? Are we supposed to do your work for you? The burden of proof is upon you. You made the claim and have failed to back it up.
I didn't cite a specific article because the sole point I was trying to provide evidence for was the existence of the caravan.

Quote:
How do you know what their true motivations are? Can you read their minds? Do you have cites to things they wrote, said, did in the past to indicate their intentions? You are automatically assuming they're up to no good with no supporting evidence. You fail again.
This is not true. I'm willing to assume the best motivations for the vast majority of those in the caravan. Soros believes in open borders, and not only in the U.S., so at least part of his motivation is clear. I'm perfectly willing to accept that he ALSO would like to simple help asylum seekers.

Quote:
Your typing skills don't seem up to par, but it's really you who doesn't seem to grasp the difference. Words like "perhaps" (in red above, in case you missed it) do not mean definite proof. It's just speculation. You somehow think that just because there's a small chance it could be that way, that it's definitely that way. Your logic fails. You fail again.
No. You need to reread the exchange. You claimed there was "no evidence". Also, you're ignoring the "as well" at the end of that sentence.

Quote:
See above. While you're looking, show me where I said I don't believe the caravan exists. You have failed to convince me your reasons are valid. Remember, the burden of proof is upon YOU.
Maybe I'm confusing you with another poster. If so, my apologies and you can just ignore the point. As far as the rest, I really do not care if you are convinced or if you think my reasons are valid. I don't expect to convince anyone on the se boards of anything that is not part of liberal doctrine. But if you don't think the NYT link (which I intentionally chose) that has four headlines talking about the caravan is not proof, or at least VERY strong evidence, that the caravan exists, I'm not sure anything would convince you. Shrug.