View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
Good question to ask the coal miners and factory workers and failing farmers why they voted for Trump to bring their jobs back, rather than go to where the job were at.
Ok. Let me know what they say.

Quote:
Where are you suggesting a non-college educated factory worker move to in order to limit the supply and drive up the price? Where should they get the money for that move?
Unemployment is at 3.8% which is generally considered below full employment. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics there were 6.7 million job openings but only 6.4 million available workers to fill them as of June 18. This is significant because it was the first time in history that this has ever happened.

Since than it has risen to 7.1 million job openings versus 6.2 million in October of 2018.

Right now itís about the same (7.3 versus 6.4, iirc)

The job market is the strongest and labor is in greater demand than it has ever been.

What you are talking about is not a significant economic issue. In fact, the opposite is the actual problem. I know you are trying to make an emotional plea about the plight of the worker, but the facts make that a tough proposition.

Quote:
The problem with anyone bringing up "Econ 101", is that it always seems as though that is as far as they got, and just like insisting that Math 101 says you can't take the root of a negative number, and therefore, wrongly insisting that it cannot be done, there is a reason why the people who actually worry about and work on these things go beyond the basic survey class and actually learn the nuance of how the subject works.

Right. I have an advanced degree and professional credentials in the field of finance. I only minored in economics, but if you say something that confuses me, I can ask one of my economists to clarify it, so, please go ahead and answer my question. I feel confident I can grasp your concept.