View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
I've heard of even first graders assaulting teachers, blatantly being disruptive like calling teachers names, throwing things, running around the room, etc...
Dearie dearie me, someone bring me my smelling salts! First graders running around the room and calling teachers names!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps49sd View Post
Could you mention some of those ways, please?
Well, typically, the only alternative to suspension, when we're talking about school discipline, is a good swift punch to the stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
I don't believe you, and I attended one of the roughest inner city schools you could imagine. I never saw the teachers behave that way. They were too afraid to be anything but respectful.
The first, biggest mistake anyone can make regarding any big picture issue is to assume that their personal experience (and interpretation thereof) is somehow indicative of a universal truth. Doubly so when we're talking about systems analysis from the perspective of a child. Your remembered experience as a student says almost nothing about whether or not your school had racially bifurcated discipline, let alone whether or not that might have been the case at another school in another part of the country decades later, let alone whether or not there's some kind of trend or not.