View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
The traditional Christian God is supposed to be omniscient and omnipotent. So I throw the ball to him and ask him to figure out what evidence would irrefutably convince me he is God and then provide that evidence to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeWinder View Post
OK, so here's the experiment: Out of my free will, I am GIVING GOD PERMISSION TO DO THIS. Go for it! I'll no doubt let you know if "He" does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeWinder View Post
IANAL. However, I am sincere in my consent, anyway, and I'm guessing God wouldn't need to follow human laws.
I approve of all of these.

In general, if someone is making a remarkable claim, it's not up to me to tell them what evidence they should provide. It's up to them to make their most persuasive case. And God only knows what that would be.

One I read about awhile back I really liked. To describe the relationship between the diameter and circumference of a circle with a diameter equal to the universe, comprised of hydrogen atoms, pi only needs to extend out to something like 32 digits.

If you're God, round pi off to 32 digits such that any future calculation of pi is a rational number.

Do that, and I'm your huckleberry.