View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 03:52 AM

About the only thing that would prove to me that 'god' was omniscient and omnipotent is if he bestowed ALL his powers upon me, so I can actually experience them and confirm for myself that, with all his powers, I am omniscient and omnipotent.

That said, it would be comparatively simple to prove to me that one is a god, in the sense of being a tremendously powerful being, possibly in charge of a particular aspect of reality. They'd just have to do something suitably impressive within their sphere of influence. If they're trying to prove they're, say, the God of War, then, I dunno, have World War III break out and me somehow be the hero of the war, like a video game protagonist mowing down all opposition before me. Or if they're trying to prove they're the God of the Sea, then create a massive waterspout encompassing 2/3 of the pacific ocean and yet have all sea travel through that region miraculously come through unharmed.

And all things considered, I don't really care about the details of how they achieved this power; if they have sufficient power, to me, they are effectively a god. If the physics of what they're doing and how they're doing it are so far beyond me that it wouldn't be possible to explain it to me, even if I spent the rest of my life being taught to understand, then they are definitely a god as far as I am concerned.