View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 05:59 PM
Chefguy's Avatar
Chefguy is offline
Charter Member
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 41,923
Originally Posted by Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor View Post
I do not know about access.

Would a water damage specialist be advisable?

Building trades workers are hard to come by, locally.
There is a meter that can detect rising damp in walls. Perhaps it would work on floors. I agree with KTK that the underlayment is likely compromised. Hopefully, that doesn't also extend to your floor joists. It's a pretty easy fix (although if it's rotted joist material, things become more complicated/expensive), but you'll have a problem matching up the carpet afterward.