View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 09:31 AM

I would like to pit my whiny coworkers. Coworker #1 is upset because we're not doing something the way he wants to do it. The problem is, we don't have time to do it the way he wants to do it. We have a lot more work to do that's much higher-priority. This summer has been insanely busy, I have a to-do list that's a mile long, and I'm really the only one that's working on this project. If he wants to bitch about it, I would think he could do a little more of the actual work. I'm looking forward to more staff meetings where he gets huffy about the project not being done the way he wants it to be done, and wanting to do it in a way that would make my job much more difficult and make me much less productive. That is not going to happen.

And then there's my Annoying Coworker. We were discussing one of her projects at a staff meeting recently. She was so unhappy with other coworkers not being as involved in this project as she would like them to be (because see above, we're all very busy with things that are higher-priority) that she was almost crying in the meeting, she was very snappy, rejected every idea that anyone proposed, and it was very unpleasant. If I acted like that in a staff meeting I'd probably be fired. I got told I needed to go into counseling because I asked this same coworker to turn down some music she was playing in her office.