View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 04:25 PM

I don't really agree that reading the Tiffany Aching books should be preceeded by Witch books. You can if you want, but I don't really think it's a great benefit. Also, the Witch Books are kinda all over the place, especially if you count Equal Rites, so if you want to make that recommendation, I'd get more specific.

I DO agree that you might not want to binge-read Watch books, because then you'll run out. Feet of Clay is FANTASTIC, so it might be worth diversifying a bit. All that said, I think the Ankh Morpork books are worth reading in order. Because while they don't require anything from the previous books, they do often build upon them.

So yeah, go read The Wee Free Men (Note: While you should absolutely read it first, it is in no way the best Tiffany book) or Reaper Man, or Monstrous Regiment (Which I liked, I dunno why there's so much complaint about it) or uh... I dunno, Lords and Ladies or Hogfather or something (I am firmly of the belief that the best Discworld books are in The Middle).