View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
Clearly that episode is really, really popular. And it works, because so many people respond to it. I didn't dislike it, but I thought it could have been done a bit better--for my tastes. And I admit, that's just my tastes. I kind of felt the same way with "Fifteen Million Merits." About halfway through I was like, yeah, yeah, I get the point, now what, and it just didn't seem to add anything fresh or cleverly subtle after it was clear what critique was established.

I mean, don't get me wrong--I still end up thinking about every episode after I see it, which is much more than I could say for most television I watch. And a portion of that time, the thought is about why the episode didn't quite do it for me, but it still makes me explore why I feel the way I feel about the episode, instead of just not giving a shit at all.
Well that's why it's an anthology and not a series I guess. I just appreciate the high concept of the epi, and hope they do it well. I definitely don't feel I know how they are going to end, so if the ending is decent I'd say good.