View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
Really? I would say McCain is a patriot and so is Romney to a lesser extent. Trump? He's out to line his pockets and Putin probably has him by the balls.
I would also call McCain a patriot. If he had been running against Gore in 2000, I would have voted for him. If he had been running against Hillary in 2016, I would have voted for him.

Even as I was voting against him in 2008, I respected the fact that he was trying to push back against the folks who were calling Obama a secret muslim, but a lot of people on this board was having none of it. McCain somehow became a sexual predator and loose cannon.

Same thing with Romney. We almost ran out of names to call him. We practically blamed him for the financial crisis and frankly, we engaged in more than a little bit of anti-Mormon bigotry.

Perhaps Trump is out to line his own pockets but I think it is more likely that running for President was a vanity project and he was as surprised as anyone that he won. This is not part of some grand master plan to fleece the country. He gained credibility within the Republican party by being a racist misogynistic xenophobe but that is a Republican problem, not a Trump problem, he just does it better than most Republicans because he just says what they are implying.

But, how in the world does Putin have him by the balls? Is there some imagined secret that Trump would be too embarrassed to have revealed? The man has no shame, wtf could you possibly hold over his head?