View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekedolphin View Post
I've spent a little time on the WWE Network watching the two shows I remember seeing live. (Easy enough to find them, because they both contained title changes). They both took place in Indianapolis. The October 8, 2001 edition of RAW was excellent, concluding with Stone Cold winning his very last WWE Championship, against Kurt Angle. By contrast, the November 8, 1999 edition of Nitro... Jesus, it's horrible. They booked a match between Sting and Goldberg for the top of the second hour, and then it lasted less than three minutes. The segments in which David Flair stalked Kimberly were cumulatively longer than that. That Nitro's not good if you're one of those who actually enjoys wrestling.
I remember Nitro had a real stinker of a storyline with Bret Hart. He appeared on a sketch on Mad TV, so they decided to make an angle out of it. It led to Hart having a 30-minute match with some fat guy from the show. WCW paid all that moolah to snag Bret Hart from Vince, then had him work a cross-promotion match that sure as hell didn't increase ratings with a noticeable amount of Mad TV viewers. Bischoff was way too desperate to bring in mainstream celebrities.