View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
I get one shelf cleaned off, turn around, and the spouse has already filled it up again. I'm tired of the arguing.
I totally know how you feel.

We now have a housekeeper who comes every two weeks to do the heavy cleaning. That means that everything needs to be tidied up and put away the night before she comes. My solution to this is to tidy the whole house and put everything away every night after dinner. And continue to clean up after myself as I do things.

Every night. EVERY DAMN NIGHT, I spend about half an hour before I go to bed either nagging my husband to clean up the messes he made or that the children made in his presence or just cleaning them up myself.

Do you know how much stuff I can get done in half an hour? I could have time to sew some buttons on (a job that desperately needs doing). I could clean out the pantry. I could sweep out the garage. I could water the garden.

But, NO! I have to be the one to keep the house tidy, too.

I am so looking forward to he and the kids going away this weekend. I can do whatever I want and only have to worry about tidying after myself.