View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Rush is correct about the "no fiscal conservatives" part, and certainly the GOP will flip if and when a Democrat is in the White House. Trouble is that Rush is correct about the "no fiscal conservatives" part, because so will the Dems. All spending bills originate in the House of Representatives - refresh my memory, which party controls that House?
This is not just about what parties do; it's about the connection (or otherwise) between what they say and what they do. Refresh my memory, which party is the one that makes fiscal conservatism and reduced government spending a centerpiece of its platform? And refresh my memory also on which party held both houses and Congress AND the White House for the two years starting in January 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
And Trump meant exactly as much by his pledge as previous Presidents meant by theirs.
This is hilarious, and I would actually be surprised at the disingenousness of this argument if I didn't have almost two decades of experience with your obfuscatory debating tactics. It's a perfect storm of Shodan false equivalency.

Obama promised to halve the deficit in his first term in office, and according to your linked story, he "only" managed to REDUCE the deficit by about $500 billion. Trump promised to reduce the deficit, and he mas managed to ADD over $300 billion to the deficit in three years, with the promise of even greater deficits in the years ahead.

In your mind, these two things are apparently equal. LOL.