View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOlds View Post
All the equipment has to be set up to produce the product. The testing methods, while well known, have to be established in the laboratory. Procedures have to be written and operators have to be trained. Physical plant changes may be necessary. Once things are functioning, you're not going to put the output into people without testing.

I could make a CP tablet in a pilot plant in a matter of days. But I wouldn't put it in my body.

Drugs are serious business, and all these safeguards are there because without them people die. And you don't want to circulate 100 million tablets in an emergency, only to find out you've replaced a 3% mortality rate from a virus with a 10% mortality rate from the medicine.

It isn't about knowing how to do it, it's about doing it and making sure it's right.
Thanks for that awesome back of the envelope rundown. Very helpful. So speaking hypothetically, if you were to get 99% pure -but not USP-grade - CP from a reputable supplier, would you consider taking it if you got pneumonia from Covid-19?