View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeid View Post
Official CDC guidance. Such as it is.

In terms of vertical transmission. No not high risk. Cannot yet say zero. Too little of an n.

Isolation from would not be advised even with COVID-19 documented or being a suspected case. Breastfeeding allowed. Mask and handwashing.

Made up garbage from that doc. I do not believe there have been any infant deaths. It is true that there were, in the early days in China, more sicker kids in the infant group than in kids older, but unclear if they all had COVID-19 or actually had something like RSV. None died.

And 10 plus days in both low risk for mom to be very contagious with whatever she had and high odds of having had enough time to transfer over some protective antibodies transplacentally.

Congratulations!!!

Thanks- I can understand the urgent need to make sure nobody underestimates this, but I feel like knowingly presenting false information as fact to achieve this is reckless, especially from doctors. I wish she had just said “we simply don’t have enough data to know the risk, so we need to treat it as high risk until we have more data”