Thread: Joe Biden's in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
...strawman. I haven't claimed that it is the president has to fix the country on their own. Why would I need to offer evidence for a claim that I haven't made?
You offered as your reason for Biden being an Unsuitable Candidate:

Quote:
Trump and co have severally damaged America at a structural level. They've gutted the Federal government, they've stripped funding, they've purged agencies and replaced them with loyalists. Biden has shown nothing in the last year to indicate that he understand the scale of what he needs to do to be able to deal with this.
and
Quote:
I don't think on a fundamental level Biden understands the level of threat that the people responsible for elevating Trump into power pose to America as a nation.
How are these not claims that Biden's unsuitability lies in his failure to be able to conceive of each and every solution himself? How are these not claims that Biden must "understand the level of threat" in order for anything beneficial to be accomplished?

It's a narcissistic argument, really: the Democratic candidate must see the political scene exactly the way you do, or he/she can accomplish nothing!

Quote:
You guys have got to stop trying to "shut-down-the-debate" because you think that something is going to "help Trump."

... You would do better to listen what other people have to say rather than trying to shut the debate down.
You're projecting.

There's making your case for a candidate---and then there's putting your energy into impairing a candidate who's in a better competitive position than is your candidate.

People can see the difference.