Thread: Joe Biden's in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
You offered as your reason for Biden being an Unsuitable Candidate:

and

How are these not claims that Biden's unsuitability lies in his failure to be able to conceive of each and every solution himself? How are these not claims that Biden must "understand the level of threat" in order for anything beneficial to be accomplished?
...my claims are what I said. I did not assert that "Biden's unsuitability lies in his failure to be able to conceive of each and every solution himself." I did not assert that that "Biden must "understand the level of threat" in order for anything beneficial to be accomplished." If you want to know what I actually said then read the words that I wrote and that you quoted. I'm happy to address that but not the strawman version you've invented.

Quote:
It's a narcissistic argument, really: the Democratic candidate must see the political scene exactly the way you do, or he/she can accomplish nothing!
Give me a fucking break. Narcissistic? Do you not understand the purpose of the elections forum? Disagreement is not narcissism. What a ridiculous comment.

Quote:
You're projecting.
Not at all. You are trying to shut down disagreement.

Quote:
There's making your case for a candidate---and then there's putting your energy into impairing a candidate who's in a better competitive position than is your candidate.
This thread is about Joe Fucking Biden. I'm not obligated to make a case for "another candidate". This is a discussion about Biden. If I think he has flaws than what is your problem with people discussing that here?

I'm not "impairing" Biden by discussing what I consider his flaws to be on a messageboard. Did you seriously actually write that I'm "impairing a candidate who's in a better competitive position than is your candidate?" Even if I was doing that...what would be the problem with doing that? Its literally a "competition." What is the correct thing I'm supposed to be doing? How am I supposed to behave?

Quote:
People can see the difference.
You seem to both be misunderstanding what I'm saying in this thread and misunderstanding the purpose of a debate forum on a messageboard. I'm sure people can "see the difference." But I'm not sure why you think the difference is important. This isn't the "ra ra Biden" thread. I'm not going to hop on the "Biden Train" just because you are telling me I'm doing things wrong.