View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
So are you conceding that both the UK and Sweden would have to agree to extradite Assange from Sweden to the US, and now you’re just trying to angle in on why this is part of Trump’s evil plan?
I haven't disputed that the UK would have to agree. Please don't attribute imagined arguments or motives to me.

I don't know what the Swedish laws on extradition or freedom of the press are, but if they are less stringent than the UK, and if only the UK Home Secretary has to sign off on extradition to a third country, then it may well be easier to extradite him from Sweden.

There must be some reason why Sweden has been pursuing this so intensely for so long. I assume you know that no charges have ever been laid against Assange in Sweden. All this is about investigating whether or not charges should be laid. Charges which are not actually serious, despite the continual repetition of 'rape'. There has never been any dispute that the sex was consensual, and that both women remained on good terms with him for days after the alleged incidents.

That doesn't mean I like Assange. It means I like the truth.