View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITR champion View Post
I don't agree at all. I am a 35-year-old man. Previously I have been a boy. Nobody has ever told me that "boys don't cry".

This is a fairly common phenomenon: a progressive or a feminist makes a claim about something being true in our society or culture, offers no evidence, and simply proceeds forward as if the claim was proven true and universally agreed upon. In reality, the claim is false.
No one has ever explicitly told me "Don't get fat because if you do, no one will like you because you'll be an ugly old cow."

But I know the message is out there and that it negatively affects the psyche of millions of women.

How steeped are you in the social sciences? Your statement strikes me as very ill-informed, but maybe you are an expert in feminist theory and actually have a good reason to believe what you do. Would you consider yourself to be someone who has been immersed in the discourse well enough to know how much intellectual rigor goes into feminist theory? Or are you just another person who is basing their opinion based on stereotypes and what they've "heard" from others? I mean, skepticism is fine, but requiring proof before you believe that men get told different things than women isn't just being skeptical. It's deliberate obtuseness.